Saturday, February 26, 2011

Love is a Strong Word

Are you surprised to see me on here again so soon? I certainly am.

Zac and I had our own personalized Valentine's Day this year. Rather than going on a date on the 14th, we decided to wait until the weekend (mainly so I wouldn't be stressed about my interview). I did, however, make a special Valentine's Day dinner on the actual day:
Q: Aren't you a little manly to be eating pink rice?
A: Why yes, yes I am.

That Friday, Zac planned a special date night. We decided not to go out to a fancy restaurant and went to Panda Express instead (yes, that is still one of my favorite places to eat--I'm not sick of it yet). Then, we went to a local Borders to ... read? no ... buy books? no ... do a scavenger hunt? yes! Zac picked some categories and we searched to find the best book for that category. Need some examples?

Category: Best book for Zac
Winner: Discover Your Inner Economist (I found that book, of course)

Category: Best book for Amanda
Winner: some book about making decisions 

Category: Weirdest
Winner: Cinderella Ate my Daughter

Category: Book Club Book
Winner: The Book Thief

Category: Dumbest book
Winner: Death by Rubber Ducky 

We had a really great time! (Go ahead and steal Zac's scavenger hunt idea. You know you want to.)

There was also a stake dance on Saturday that we went to. Here are some pictures of the dance:
Leaving for the stake's Valentine dance. 
At the Valentine's dance. There was a delicious chocolate fountain there, so we just had to "rest" every once in a while.

Needless to say, we had an awesome Valentine's day week this year!

And by popular demand, here is a picture of the dress that I made. Isn't it lovely?

No comments: